If you are looking for a new place to live in Australia, there’s never been a better time than now. Apartment living has become the new breed of luxury homes and is quickly becoming one of the most popular housing trends around the world. If you are thinking of investing in a new apartment, then you should definitely get a strata inspection in Sydney or elsewhere before investing your hard-earned money in it, so that you know exactly what you are getting into.
Apartment living is the new breed of luxury homes
With land becoming scarce quickly, apartment living has become much more attractive to the average home seeker. In recent times it has been found that apartments may be the new way forward when it comes to luxury living because they are closer to the city, offer more amenities and make life much easier.
Luxury apartment living has many benefits over other forms of housing including:
- The ability to live in a luxury home without having to worry about maintaining it yourself, as that is taken care for you by your building’s staff and/or facilities manager.
- Being able to leave all yard work behind while still enjoying the comforts of using your own private outdoor space; this can be especially appealing if you are moving from an area where there was little green space available or where commuting time was long enough that you only had access every few days.
- Luxurious finishes such as hardwood floors, high quality kitchens with stone benchtops and large modern bathrooms with designer fixtures will give your home a fresh new look.
- While you may be downsizing the size of your home, if located in an area with amenities like cafés and restaurants nearby or even on site, this can make for a very social way to live without having to worry about maintaining it yourself.
- Security – Many luxury apartment developments will have their own security teams patrolling 24 hours per day which makes living in one feel more secure than ever before compared to when people were still residing inside large houses all alone at night time.
The disadvantages of apartment living may include such things as:
- If not managed properly, high-rise living can sometimes come with problems such as noise from neighbours above or below making too much of a ruckus.
- In some high-rise developments, the parking areas for owners’ cars can be a serious distance from their unit which is an inconvenience that many people do not take into account when looking at this style of living in Australia.
It is a good idea to weigh out the pros and cons before deciding on moving into an apartment, and the best way to do this is by getting a strata report in Sydney which will outline all the information you require about the building and its management.
How do you find an apartment that is perfect for you and your lifestyle?
With so many high-rise buildings coming up, it is not easy finding an apartment that is perfect for you and your lifestyle. This is why it’s a good idea to get in touch with an agent that specialises in luxury apartment living. For example, if privacy is one of your main concerns when looking for a place to live, then maybe high-rise apartments aren’t right for you. However, if convenience and easy access are more important, then going up into the sky might be just what you’re after.
With all this information coming from someone who knows their stuff about where to live in Australia, finding the best possible location will be a breeze rather than a chore, however wherever you intend to buy, getting a strata or building inspection in Sydney before investing is a must.
The modern Australian city lifestyle has evolved at a rapid pace over recent years and show no signs of slowing down any time soon, so being prepared is going to help you out more than ever before, especially when considering where you intend on buying.
What are some things to consider when looking at apartments?
There are many things to consider before you find the perfect luxury apartment, such as:
- Price & affordability of rent & repayments.
- Amenities on offer.
- Size and layout including the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, parking spaces etc.
- The overall condition of the apartment building itself as well as how it looks from outside (including any renovations that are currently happening).
- Do you need to be fenced in or have security gates?
- What’s your current budget like?
- How long do you plan on living here for?
All these things matter when looking at luxury apartments because they all come together to make up your ideal lifestyle, so don’t settle for anything less than perfect.
There are many great reasons to live in an apartment
The reason that apartment living has become so popular in recent times is that it’s a luxury lifestyle that is attainable for many Australians.
- Firstly, apartment buildings are much more affordable than the average house in Australia so this makes them perfect for those who have slightly lower budgets compared to what they might normally spend on their dream home.
- Secondly, luxurious apartments come with access to all kinds of amenities such as swimming pools and gyms, free of charge! This means you don’t need to worry about buying your own equipment or paying out extra money each month just for something like having a gym membership which really helps if you’re trying to save up for an investment property at the same time.
- Thirdly, because there may be shared facilities (e.g., laundry machines) within your building it reduces (or even eliminates) any additional expenses in terms of doing your own laundry.
- Finally, luxury apartments offer residents the chance to live in an area with easy access to city transport and other amenities such as cafes and restaurants, without having to worry about spending a lot of money on rent each month.
Luxury living in the city is no longer just for those who can afford a house. With large, luxurious apartments coming to major cities across Australia and around the world, we’re seeing more people than ever before trading in their single-family homes for what was once considered an exclusive commodity; luxury apartment living.