The fiber laser machines are useful for a good range of applications. Fiber laser uses different wavelengths to chop metal and non-metals. they will be used for cutting, welding, marking, texturing, cleaning, drilling, etc.
Fiber lasers offer speed and accuracy both. A fiber laser will use optical fibers to make a laser beam. The beam is transported to the cutting head. The laser is then condensed right down to arrow beams and then used to cut metals of various thicknesses.
They are used across a range of infrastructure and manufacturing apps that can enhance strength and efficiency.
Let us discuss laser machines in detail.
How Does a Fiber Laser Cutting Machine Work?
Fiber laser produces a high-power beam by using stimulated radiation. The laser diode emits light, which is shipped to the fiber optic cable to amplify. The powerful laser when hits the surface of the fabric , then the sunshine is absorbed and converted to heat which will melt the surface.
The airflow parallel to the beam blows away molten material. this enables the workpiece to cut the sheet. the primary contact of the laser with the sheet will pierce the sheet.
The laser machine uses computerized digital control that permits the cutting of data from the CAD. They control either the surface of the fabric or the laser produces a specific pattern. The machine has dual interchangeable platforms, and it’s easy to load and unload materials. Thus, this ensures the speedy cutting process with accuracy.
The parts that need replacement should be changed immediately. you’ll use bystronic spare parts, amada spare parts, trumpf spare parts, etc.
Materials Compatible With the Fiber Laser
A fiber laser machine is beneficial in cutting carbon steel, copper, brass, chrome steel , aluminum, titanium, etc. The fiber laser also can cut reflective materials, which other lasers like CO2 laser are unable to try to to . Fiber lasers became much more advanced, and that they are able to cut more types of metal fabricators.
Good quality spare parts like bystronic spare parts, amada spare parts, trumpf spare parts, etc. also will make a difference. Manufacturing, construction, and infrastructure industries use sheet metals plenty , and thus they like laser machines. However, laser machines are gaining popularity within the creative world to make art, sculpture, engraving, etc.
How Thick Your Metal Sheet Should Be?
Different fiber laser machines have different cutting capabilities. But mostly all fiber laser cutting machines can cut metals up to 13mm thickness. Whereas the high power laser machines with 10lW power can cut 2mm, aluminum and chrome steel up to 30mm. To receive the simplest cut in the thicker material the spare parts must also be up to the mark. you’ll buy bystronic spare parts, amada spare parts, etc. online.
Advantages Of Fiber Laser Cutting Machine
There are numerous advantages that show why metal fabricators use fiber laser machines. a number of the advantages are:
- The machine can adjust consistent with your industry type
- Useful for a good range of materials
- Machines are capable of adapting different wavelengths, ranges and speeds
- Better cutting efficiency with reduced time
- High beam quality for a cleaner edge
- Low power consumption saves costs
- No heat risk despite high power production
Disadvantages Of Fiber Laser Cutting
Not everything is ideal , and fiber lasers include some disadvantages. This list will facilitate your determine whether the fiber laser machine is right for your business or not.
- Fiber laser machines and its components are expensive
- Low powered laser machine provide low-quality cuts with thicker materials
- Lesser finish compared to CO2 lasers
Applications Of Fiber Laser Cutting Machines
Fiber laser cutting machines are useful for various industries. Here are a number of them:
- Automotive Industry: Useful within the production of parts of the car, like doors, breaks, and exhaust pipes.
- Kitchenware Industry: Many kitchen vessels are made up of stainless steel processed by fiber laser cutters.
- Home Appliance Manufacturing: Laser machines are used by this industry to improve the quality of the appliances and optimize their appearance.
- Lighting Manufacturing: The pipes within the outdoor lamps are shaped with laser machines.
- Decor & Art Manufacturing: Fiber lasers are useful in creating graphic designs and patterns in metal sheets. Custom pieces for decorations are often crafted with the machines.
Most of the products in our homes or surroundings have skilled a laser machine at some point. With the results that fiber lasers give, more and more industries have started including laser machines in their process. It helps them improve the looks of the product. to stay your machine running for a long, regularly replace it with bystronic parts, fancy parts, armada parts, trumpf parts, etc.