Everything You Should Know About Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Entrance Exam
Each year, prospective management students in India take the Management Aptitude Test (MAT), which is administered by the All India Management Association, to get admission to top management colleges in Bhubaneswar and other major cities of India.
The Graduate Management Admissions Test (MAT) is a standardized test given to prospective students all over the country who meet the requirements for admission to Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programmes at the best PGDM colleges in Bhubaneswar and other cities of India. The MAT is given four times a year, and applicants must do so
over the web.
Candidates may take the MAT in one of two formats:
- Computer-Based Test (Online)
- Paper-Based Test (Offline)
What is AIMA?
Management admissions in India are governed by the All-India Management Association (AIMA). Through its 66 Local Management Associations, AIMA serves a membership of over 38,000 individuals and over 6,000 corporate/institutional members. Founded over 60 years ago, the AIMA is a non-lobbying, non-profit organization that collaborates closely with businesses, governments, top business management schools in Bhubaneswar and other cities, and students to advance India’s management community.
What is the MAT Exam?
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a multiple-choice exam that is given annually for admission to postgraduate management programmes in India. Students may take the MAT test four times a year to get admission to the best management schools in the nation. There are more than 600 graduate business schools in the United States that accept MAT as part of their admissions process for their PGDM programmes.
Candidates’ results on the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) are used to determine their level of admission into a variety of management degree programmes around the country. The MAT is recognized by the vast majority of business schools and management programmes in India, and it has the stamp of approval from the country’s Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The MAT test is widely accepted and is one of the most popular options for getting into MBA programmes.
Qualifications to Take the MAT
Prospective candidates may take the MAT if they have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum 50% scholastic average. Bachelor’s degree applicants in their final year are also welcome to apply to take the MAT. There is a 21-year-old minimum age requirement for taking the MAT.
Format of the MAT Examination
The MAT is offered in both a computer-based test (CBT) and a paper-based test (PBT). The 200 MCQs in the MAT test cover the following topics:
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
- Language Comprehension
Both computer-based testing and paper-and-pencil testing are options for MAT. The MAT is offered in an online format called the Internet-Based Test (IBT), which is proctored both by a computer and by a human. Students taking the MAT in the traditional paper-and-pencil format (PBT) must appear in person at designated testing centres on test day.
• Candidates will have a total of 150 minutes (2.5 hours) to complete the test.
• Paper-based or offline tests are administered at designated testing centres.
• Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on a paper with four possible answers will be used for the test, and students will need to choose the one that is most accurate.
• With the online option, you may take the test from the comfort of your own home with the help of both artificial intelligence and a human proctor.
Top PGDM Colleges in Odisha Accepting MAT Scores
• ODM Business School
• Asian School of Business Management, Bhubaneswar
• Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Bhubaneswar
• Institute of Management & Information Science, Bhubaneswar
• Intercedence Institute of Management & Technology (IIMT)
• Asian Workers Development Institute, Rourkela