The word Umrah in Arabic means a visit to a populated place. Umrah gives Muslims the chance to recommence their faith, rationalizing and praying for their needs. He who practices Umrah is said to be liberated from his sins.
Worshipers from outside Saudi Arabia usually travel by plane and must apply for a special Umrah visa that is legitimate for a month. They should also have a shot of meningitis vaccine, as well as evidence of proper paperwork. Passengers from neighboring countries can cross the border by car, but will also need a visa for entering Makkah.
Saudis and those who are already a resident and working in the country do not need any special documents or any type of paperwork. Muslims of any age can perform Umrah, and there is no restriction on how many times one can travel in one’s life.
But with women under the age of 45, a mahram, a male member of the family or a relative who must be over 17 years of age should travel with a female. Umrah travel agents Manchester have great deals for the people who are in search of reasonable rates before going to Umrah.
This can be done at any time of the year except for five days of Hajj. Most pilgrims visit during the holy month of Ramadan, or the two previous Islamic lunar months of Rajab and Sha’ban, which are also considered the sacred month of the year. Muslims believe that the acceptance of blessings and prayers increases during these holy months when there is a greater reward for worship.
A Guide for New Muslims Regarding how to Perform Umrah
How to perform Umrah
- Get prepared
- How to Perform Umrah
The people performing Umrah enter Makkah wearing ihram with the intention of performing Umrah and then perform tawaf. They run between the mountains of Safa and Marwa.
This practice was initiated at the time Of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H). The purpose of Umrah is to give allowance to Muslims to enter the city of Makkah. The other reason is also that the city of Makkah should be visited during the whole year but not only during the time of Hajj.
On the other hand, it is also important for the people who are financially stable to perform Umrah at least once.
Overall, a balanced approach and a positive attitude will be your best friend during this journey. Components of a Successful Hajj is preparation before the journey, extra patience during the journey, and a sincere effort to improve oneself after the journey. As you keep the following steps in mind, remember to keep asking *** for help.
- People recommend the person to walk before going to Umrah to build endurance.
- Take medicines as soon as you feel sick. If you are attacked by the Hajj cough, try to consume lemon or honey.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Make a list of gatherings so you do not forget anything at the last moment
- Recite the Quran with translation as it purifies your soul.
- Try to understand the essence of the surah of the Quran.
- Before heading to Umrah practice how to pray salah-ul-Janazah.
- Forgive all the family members if they’ve hurt you before leaving to Umrah.
- Make a list of Due for you and your family members. As your all dua’s are likely to get accepted at Umrah
- Try to learn some history of Makkah in depth before leaving for Umrah. Try to understand the life of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)
Umrah is a spiritual journey that can be taken at any time of the year. This flexibility allows people to perform Umrah at their preferred time. They can also choose their customized plan if they are facing any financial constraints.